Call for Lithuanian State scholarships has been announced for 2020/2021 academic year and your university‘s students are eligible to apply untill 25th of April 2020.
Short-Term Studies The call for applications for 2020-2021 short-term studies is now open!
Type of scholarship: Short term (1-2 semesters) studies
More information about is here
- The candidate has to receive an official approval of acceptance from the chosen Lithuanian higher education institution (MYKOLAS ROMERIS UNIVERSITY).
- The candidate has to be a student of a higher education institution of the particular country mentioned in the table above.
- The candidate has to have good knowledge of Lithuanian, English or other language required to study the chosen study programme (the minimum of B2 level of study language according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages is required).
- Candidates of the first and second study cycle, approved for the short–term studies, will receive a monthly scholarship of approx. 390 EUR. Candidates of the third study cycle and resident studies approved for the short–term studies will receive a monthly scholarship of approx. 468 EUR.
- The exact sum of the total amount allocated for the candidate will be calculated according to the number of days that the specific month consists of, thus slight variations in the monthly scholarship might occur. The scholarship is intended to cover the scholarship holder’s expenses only. Additional amount for accompanying partners or family is not provided. Lithuanian state scholarships cannot be double funded from other sources, e.g. other scholarships or other academic exchange programmes.
- Tuition fee for studies will be covered by the Republic of Lithuania and directly transferred to the higher education institution.
- The maximum amount of the tuition fee will be determined by the normative costs that are approved by the Minister of Education, Science and Sports of the Republic of Lithuania. Any other fees such as a student union fee, a library membership fee, etc. shall be paid by the scholarship holder.
- Travel and accommodation costs shall be covered by the scholarship holder.
Candidates must provide the copies of these listed documents through the online application system :
- Completed application form (through the online application system );
- The Conditional Agreement for Studies (the form must be added to the application form as an attachment using this template form - it must be completely filled in and signed by three parties: candidate, a responsible person at the sending and receiving institutions). Recommendations for filling out the Conditional Agreement;
- One recommendation letter filled and signed by a professor or other academic staff, tutor or employer (provided through the online application system or added to the application form as an attachment using this template form).
- Certificate of proficiency in English or Lithuanian (or another language required by the host institution). TOEFL, IELTS, CPE or other widely recognized exams of English proficiency are acceptable. If the candidate does not hold any of those certificates, then a signed letter confirming the proficiency in the language from the home university’s professor of English or Lithuanian is also acceptable.
Required additional documents must be completed in English or Lithuanian language only (or with certified translations into one of these languages).