INFORMATION FOR PROSPECTIVE INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS AT CHNU
Admissions of international students and non-citizens
1. Admission of international students and non-citizens to Chernivtsi National University for full-time and part-time programs of study is implemented on the basis of documents on previous education, which were obtained 10 years prior to the date of application to the university.
2. International students and non-citizens permanently residing in Ukraine are eligible for higher education in line with the citizens of Ukraine, except the right to higher education at the expense of the state budget of Ukraine and local budgets, unless otherwise is stipulated by international agreements, bound by the consent of Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.
3. A person declared as a refugee or a person in need of additional protection has the right to higher education equal to that of citizens of Ukraine.
4. Foreign Ukrainians who received referrals for training of Ukrainian national-cultural societies, for admission to the University have the same rights to education as citizens of Ukraine, with the exceptions established by the Constitution of Ukraine, laws of Ukraine or international treaties ratified by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.
5. Foreigners who received full secondary education in foreign schools with Ukrainian language, and foreign Ukrainians, whose status is confirmed by the certificate of a foreign Ukrainian, are enrolled to the university within standard quotas through an interview in courses envisaged by Admission rules through recommendations of diplomatic institutions of Ukraine abroad or Ukrainian national and cultural societies.
6. International students and non-citizens should submit the following documents:
1) completed Application Form.
2) a copy of Passport.
3) a copy of Birth Certificate.
4) a copy of Education Certificate and transcript(s).
5) a Medical Certificate.
6) 4 photos (size 30x40).
Foreigners who received full secondary education in foreign schools with the Ukrainian language, and foreign Ukrainians whose status is confirmed by a foreign Ukrainian identity, are required to submit a recommendation of diplomatic institutions of Ukraine abroad, or a recommendation or referral from Ukrainian national and cultural societies.
Copies of birth and education certificates must be translated into Ukrainian with a notary certification.
7. For foreign citizens and non-citizens, who do not reside permanently on the territory of Ukraine, early applications and documents call for all programs and forms of study is July 1, 2014 and applications deadline is August 28, 2014.
Foreigners and non-citizens applying for a program of study shall be generally enrolled to the university by August 31, 2014 through November 15, 2014.
8. Entrance examinations for foreign citizens and non-citizens applying for a bachelor program of study on the basis of a high education certificate are interview in the Ukrainian language and the majoring field of study.
Entrance examinations for foreign citizens and non-citizens applying for bachelor, specialist and master programs on the basis of a higher education degree are interview in the Ukrainian language and the majoring field of study.
Dates of entrance examinations are determined by the Admission committee, but no later than November 8, 2014.
Entrance examinations syllabi are published on the official website of the University (www.chnu.edu.ua) no later than March 1.
9. Applications and documents from foreign citizens applying for tuition free bachelor, specialist and master programs of study in accordance with international treaties of Ukraine are accepted from July 1, 2014 to September 10, 2014. Admission to the University with the tuition waiver for such international students is conducted on the basis of the appropriate referrals in accordance with the quotas provided by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine through September 17, 2014.
Attention: The language of instruction is Ukrainian.
The information about studying in Ukraine for international students can be found on the web-sites: http://www.mon.gov.ua/en/ (Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine) and http://intered.com.ua/en/ (Ukrainian State Center of International Education).
We also advise to visit the following link to get the information on the legislation framework and procedures on education for international students in Ukraine: http://intered.com.ua/en/normatively-legal-base
International students should take the registration procedure at the beginning of each academic year. They should come to International Office of ChNU (Building 5, Room 111) and submit the following documents:
2 pictures (for the 1st year students – 3 pictures) passport size (3õ4);
80 hryvnyas (as on September 01, 2014).
International students are given priority in housing at the University dormitory, if needed.
Tuition fee for foreign students depending on the academic program,
As of June 17, 2013:
„Junior Specialist“ program - 2300 USD ;
Bachelor Program (full-time) - 3200 USD ;
Bachelor program (part-time) - 2500 USD;
Specialist program (full-time) - 3800 USD;
Specialist program (part-time) - 3300 USD;
Master Program (full-time) - 4400 USD;
Master Program (part-time) - 3900 USD.
**Attention: Tuition fee is a subject to change.
Information for researchers / students
who plan research visits to Chernivtsi University
We will consider your requests individually. On these matters feel free to contact International Office at interof or directly your contact person at the University, if you have one. @ chnu.edu.ua
For those interested in studying Ukrainian language we offer individual classes with University professors having relevant experience.
Citizens of the European Union, United States and Switzerland are allowed to stay in Ukraine for 90 days without visa. If you plan to stay longer, you need to apply for visa in the nearest Ukrainian diplomatic mission in your country.
Other useful links:
on Ukraine: http://www.ukraine.org/